Registered charity #1098854
The Mission of CBA North is to promote a positive awareness of the past and a sense of appreciation and care for the historic environment in the counties of Cumbria, Durham, Northumberland, Teesside and Tyne and Wear. It will achieve this through providing information, facilitating opportunities for involvement and acting as an advocate for archaeology and the work of CBA.
CBA North Aims and Objectives
- To act as hub for information on archaeology in the region and signpost members and other interested people to events, research and volunteering opportunities;
- To promote and advocate the local historical and regional environment with decision-makers, stakeholders and the wider public;
- To provide educational and social events and training as appropriate for members; and
- To encourage increased membership of the CBA.
- To provide a regularly updated website and a regular newsletter;
- To liaise with local and national organisations in order to pass on information about current events, training and other important information;
- To have a presence in relevant forums and panels to raise the profile of and advocate local and regional heritage issues;
- To organise occasional events to provide members with special opportunities to engage with their local heritage; and
- To have a presence at relevant events for raising membership numbers and raising the profile of CBA North.
- Chair & Membership Secretary: Richard Forster
- Deputy Chair: Chris Jones
Secretary: Keith Elliott Treasurer: Bill Pickering Website/E Newsletter: Being covered Student Liaison Officers: Anna Gosden Young Archaeology Groups Liaison: vacant
Committee Members at Large: Chris Butterworth, Douglas Carr, Chris Fowler, Don O’Meara and Rob Young.
For a who’s who in the organisation see the Committee page for short biogs of those involved.
CBA North Membership Fees Individual Joint Family Group Student UK
£5 £7 £8 £10 Free Europe
£7 £9 £10 £12 Free Rest of World £9 £11 £12 £14 Free