Join us in Celebrating Durham World Heritage Site’s 30th Anniversary this November!
“What Makes Durham World Heritage Site Great”– 2nd-30th November, WHS Visitor Centre, an exhibition showcasing the 30th anniversary photo postcard competition winning entries.
Heritage at Risk – A public debate, Friday 4th November, 5pm, Prior’s Hall, Durham Cathedral, with colleagues from across the world. Free event. Booking Required.
Lecture by local historian John Grundy – “Saints and stones: the rich and varied joys of Durham” Saturday 5th November, 7pm in the Cathedral. £5-00, Booking Required.
Family Fun Day – Sunday 6th November. Join us for family events and activities across the World Heritage Site, including:
- Stonemason demonstrations in the Visitor Centre
- “Come and Sing” Scratch choir for 7 to 13 year olds and concert in the Cathedral
- Tours of Palace Green with our Young Heritage Ambassadors
- Children’s trails and activities in the Cathedral
- Children’s activities in Palace Green Library
We still have places for our WHS Anniversary Conference “The Stories Within the Stones – Intangible Heritage” 4th to 5th November. Booking Required.