‘Your Heritage Needs You’ (9th December in Newcastle).
Find a poster here – YOUR HERITAGE NEEDS YOU Invite
We specifically want to target local voluntary and community groups across the North East, including community partnerships, local development trusts and umbrella organisations representing community and voluntary interests.
The overall aim of this event is to increase awareness of Heritage at Risk amongst community and voluntary groups in the North East and the support and advice that is available. Specific objectives within this overall aim include:
Increased knowledge about what the heritage at risk programme is
- More understanding amongst local community groups about how they can support heritage at risk in their local area
- Better awareness of what funding support is available from organisations like English Heritage and the Heritage Lottery Fund
- Greater familiarity of what fundraising support is available from organisations like the Heritage Alliance – e.g. funding workshops, project mentoring, webinars and consultancy support
- Increased confidence and knowledge about who to contact for help and advice
The event will comprise:
- Funding surgery (local EH and HLF contacts and Heritage Alliance)
- Free copies of latest Heritage at Risk publications and support materials
- Afternoon tea and networking